Sunday, August 19, 2007

Details of the dish

Creating a scratchbuilt dish for the FM falcon was no easy task. It required a lot of hours and some very tiny bits of styrene (many in the 1mm ballpark). The photo below shows the details for the front all in place before some minor filler is applied and the surface primed.Here's an earlier shot where you can more clearly see the lines I drew on the surface of the dish base to space out the parts correctly. The shine on the surface is from the superglue.It was truly a tedious task to rebuild this part. After putting it off for so long I was in no hurry to get around to it. However, I knew I couldn't finish without replacing the tiny FM one, so I just got to it. I'll post final pics of it front and back while mounted to the hull next time.

5 Comments:

Blogger gabeg said...

Looks great!

Any chance of taking a mold and selling resin versions for us less talented perfectionists?

4:06 PM  
Blogger d110 said...

I would like to second the above

11:05 AM  
Blogger Dana Jan said...

yes, I will be molding this piece as soon as it is completed. If pressure casting yields good copies, I will make them available through this site.

10:32 PM  
Blogger kanishk said...

would like to second the above

Work from home India

5:45 AM  
Blogger Deckard said...

Would love to purchase a dish too please. Amazing work.

2:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home