Monday, May 07, 2007

The Engine Deck

Here is a look at the rear engine deck in all its dirty glory. It took a lot of will power not to do this area first (It's my favorite section) Basically more of the pastel work. some minor detailing with thinned out paint/wet pastel. And of always, I still haven't done the spatter pass!
I'm going to finish off the top hull with some minor airbrushing of Tamiya Neutral Grey around the rear section of the turret sidewall along with a few other minor places. Needless to say, it's a big relief to have the upper hull paint work behind me. It was fun while it lasted!

4 Comments:

Blogger mironek said...

I observe your actions from some time. I am delighted effects of your work.
Ownly I am under of the construction AMT/ERTL Millennium Falcon.
I treat him as the training- model. I try to use your advices.
I think to buy Fine Molds Millennium Falcon.
I greet - Mirek

5:49 AM  
Blogger Sav said...

Hello Dana,
I'm at least a month behind you on this project. Your attention to detail is stunning and since finding this blog i've sat down and read the whole thing. I intend to go down the same route as you in terms of weathering as pastels give far more control than airbrushing alone.
I am waiting on a delivery of fibre optic at the mo so i'm being held up slightly. Do you know of any decent photo's of the underside of the falcon for reference to weathering? please post more pics soon.

Sav.

4:07 AM  
Blogger Esteban said...

I really think that the dirt lines behind the radiators (I assume those circles are radiators) should follow an horizontal axe along the line of travel, and NOT one horizontal (the central one)and two diagonals (the left and right ones)

10:19 AM  
Blogger kanishk said...

am waiting on a delivery of fibre optic at the mo so i'm being held up slightly.

Work from home India

5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home