Sunday, October 08, 2006

Back in business.

The falcon received some more attention this weekend. I completed the upper portion of the cockpit walkway. I applied the same techniques used on the turret here. It's really starting to come together now with the weathering.
If you look closely, you'll see that I'm even including the hand written names of the modelers who built the original. They wrote their names on the model in various places knowing it wouldn't be picked up on screen. Rob and I decided early on that we wanted to include these details to make the ship more authentic. He made these tiny decals.One of the escape pods is finished (with the exception of a small blast streak I need to add). It's nice to wrap up the very first piece I assembled at the beginning of this journey. Because of the small details, this piece took longer to weather and detail than I imagined. There's a lot going on in there.
Here's a look at the other side of the same escape pod:
I'll be completing the underside of the cockpit walkway during the week (it's smaller but just as involved). And there's another name written at the cockpit edge.


Blogger mikedeh said...

Looks great so far!!!

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home