Friday, December 08, 2006

Moving forward

I took the right mandible weathering to a point that I felt acceptable to photograph. There are still a few details I want to add as well as some missing passes (airbrush/spatter) but it's really close to the final look I want. The final passes may only add about 5% but are so crucial to the overall feel in my opinion.
Below is the same section from the reverse angle along with a better look at how it integrates with the cockpit side front quadrant of the upper hull.
I can't wait to finish this part of the buildup. I am really looking forward to lighting the model.

2 Comments:

Blogger mironek said...

I am a fan of Star Wars. From some time I observe this blog.
I am under a great impression. Perfection work, masterly skills!
I wait for the further news!

1:37 AM  
Blogger neosporing said...

I have been following your blog from day one, when you posted your url over at the RPF. I discovered pastels when i was a kid (mother was a painter) but your build-up is by far the absolute best i've ever seen. Everytime i visit your blog i think, now it can't get any better looking than that, and every subsequent time i return, i'm just completely blown away. A few I find your work inspirational and the primary reason i haven't purchased the MR falcon. Your build up makes the MR paint job look pathetic for the price they are asking.

My wife had a miscarriage at 5 monthes late last year, and the RPF and Sites (like yours especially) helped me through some dark times. Thank you so much for sharing your work with the world.

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home