Saturday, July 08, 2006

For my next magnet trick...

I finally got around to installing the magnets on the inside of the escape pods. I used a tiny bit of 2-part epoxy to fix the magnets to the inside of the pods (two magnets are used on each). Inside the hull, I fabricated two small stainless steel brackets that the magnets would pull toward. Installing them at the right depth is crucial so that the pods sit completely flush when in place. I drilled a tiny hole on the bracket surface mounted to the hull This increased the surface area the glue would grab. They work perfectly.


Post a Comment

<< Home